Join in on the Action
WE STILL NEED TO PROTECT THE RANGE WITHIN A CLASS A RESERVE
TO DATE WE HAVE SAID:
NO to mining Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin IN A REALLY BIG WAY - with over 9,500 messages to the Minister for the Environment requesting that the Range be protected and not mined (October to December 2017).
TO DATE THE WA GOVERNMENT HAS SAID:
NO to mining Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin.
and YES to the protection of Helena and Aurora Range (Bungalbin) within a Class A Reserve
From our actions we can show that there is tremendous support for the full protection of Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin within a Class A reserve
- Contact the WA Government via email or letter to thank them for not allowing mining on Helena and Aurora Range (Bungalbin) and showing your strong support for the Range to be fully protected within a Class A reserve in a timely manner.
The Protection of the Range within a Class A reserve will:
- Protect the unique landform, endemic flora and ecological system of Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin, the near pristine nature of this Range, the wilderness experience and the heritage of Bungalbin for Westerners and Indigenous people alike.
- Allow joint management of Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin with the conservation department (currently Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions - Parks and Wildlife Service) and the Kalamaia Kapurn People, together with input and support from the community.
- Protect and respect Australian Indigenous Culture associated with Bungalbin, their Dreaming, Song Lines, sites of special significance, and more.
In this way, with all parties in agreement we can continue to protect and experience the intact wilderness area of the Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin, protected in its entirety, and share the experience with others - from all walks of life, whether from Western Australia, Australia or overseas.
To keep in touch with the latest news people can:
Like Helena & Aurora Range Facebook page
Sign up to Blog page on this website
Subscribe to our mailing list
QUERIES, IDEAS AND INITIATIVES VERY WELCOME feel free to contact any of the supporting NGOs:
HARA - Helena and Aurora Range Advocates Inc.
TWS - The Wilderness Society
WSWA - Wildflower Society of Western Australia
BirdLife WA - BirdLife Western Australia, a branch of BirdLife Australia
WAFBWC - West Australian Family Bush Walking Club
Toodyay Naturalists' Club
People are very welcome to join the Helena and Aurora Range Advocates Inc. (HARA)
- Visit the Contact us page to send HARA an email or to download membership form to join HARA.