Logo for The Range
In 2014, a logo was created for Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin
The logo is available for any individual or group to use when promoting
Helena and Aurora Range, Bungalbin
Creating the Logo
- The Wilderness Society initiated the process when it put out a call for anyone interested in putting a logo together.
- Artist Gemma O'Keefe got us to a great start with the initial concepts and design.
- Graphic Designer Sandie Stewart of chocolate design put it all together.
- The process was overseen by HARA, WSWA and TWS.
It was decided that the logo needed to include:
- that which was unique to the range - the shape of the range itself! - The Range's signature was created by Gemma O'keefe
- flowers of the two rare endemic plants that grow on the Banded Ironstone Formation (BIF) rocks - Tetratheca aphylla subsp. aphylla and Leucopogon spectablis
- an animal icon-mentor that lives on the range - the Western Pygmy Possum!
- a slogan for our intent - originally "SAVE HELENA & AURORA RANGE" and now "PROTECT HELENA & AURORA RANGE"
As the Helena and Aurora Range has been SAVED - with the decision by the WA government and Minister for Envronment, Stephen Dawson on 21 December 2017 not to allow mining on Helena and Aurora Range.
NOW we need to PROTECT Helena and Aurora Range within a Class A reserve, the highest level ofprotection available in Western Australia - on the 21 December 2017 the WA government and Minister for Envronment, Stephen Dawson also made the commitmet to investigate options for placing a Class A reserve over the Range.
There are three different backgrounds for the logo
- the moon in the night sky with the Southern Cross - as the Range is in the Yilgarn Shire with its central town Southern Cross and Southern Cross logo
- just the moon, almost invisible in the day - this version is available as a fridge-magnet
- the iron red BIF rock, moon, night sky and Southern Cross - version most often used including as a flag-banner and as a car-sticker
The Helena and Aurora Range logo was first launched at the February 2015, at the Perth City Town Hall public event, using the Flag-banner. Magnets and car-stickers of the logo were also given to all attendees.
If you would like some high resolution jpgs of the logo to use - please contact HARA Inc.